Big Ben

Thursday 21 October 2010

Day 28

Tuesday...started work from home and I'm glad I did.  There was a problem on the Victoria line (Underground) at the stop just before the one I get on (Highbury and Islington) where 400 people had to be evacuated out of the tube.  Luckily there were only service problems, but unfortunately the conductor couldn't get into much contact with the station house and so apparently most people thought there was another terrorist attack.  Now even though I would not have been on that train, I would have been stuck waiting and waiting and waiting for a train to come and then had to have re-routed.  So it was a good thing that Nick and Joe had a.m. meetings.

I found my way in at about 1:30 p.m. and got ready for my meeting with Nick and Dave deP.  We were to meet at 3:00 p.m. to go over the work I had done on the Trust Fund db.  Everyone but Matt and Joe were in the office since we were headed out to the pub afterward as a farewell and thank you to me.  How I'm going to miss these guys.  Once our meeting was over, and it was now about an hour past the time we said we were going to be there, we headed down to the pub on the corner for what ended up being four rounds of pints.  By the time Joe, Dave deP and I got back to the Underground it was almost calling for the last train.  However, Joe and I did miss the last train for the Overground and ended up having to take a bus back to Hackney Central from Highbury and Islington.  No biggie since we both wanted to get some chips before getting home and there was a kebab shop right next to our bus stop.  Perfect idea...but all of those Guinness had me more full than I thought I was.  Go figure.  LOL.

Got home after midnight and was a little excited still from being out with great people and new friends.  Didn't get to bed until after 2:00 a.m. only to wake again at 7:30 a.m. for my final work day in London.  This part of the journey may be over, but the second leg is just getting ready to begin.  I'm looking forward to being in mainland Europe and experiencing new cultures...I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment