Big Ben

Monday 25 October 2010

Day 30


So today I said goodbye to London and boarded a train to Paris.  I left at 12:30 p.m. and will be in the most romantic city for four days.  I’m looking forward to hitting mainland Europe and different cultures where English is not the first language.  It does scare me a little, but I think I know enough French to get by.

The train ride was nice and fast.  I couldn’t believe how quickly we were in France.  It only takes 20 mins to go under the English Channel.  Once I got to Paris Nord I jumped into the taxi line only to be greeted by two drivers getting into a fight and backing up the line.  Welcome to Paris.  LOL.  Jumped into a cab, and was at my hotel in about 15 mins.  The hotel is on the outskirts of Montmartre and a few blocks from the Moulin Rouge.  Apparently it’s also at the heart of the red light district…how fitting for me.  Hee hee.

I got checked in and then headed out to grab some food.  Of course I got some frites and for desert…a raspberry tart.  Oh my…the pastries are going to do me in.  And I thought that the Brits ate a lot of bread.  Ha ha ha ha.  I walked back to the hotel, ate my dinner and pretty much settled in for the night.  Tomorrow I have a big day ahead of me hitting up the Eiffel Tower and whatever else I can get to by walking.  I really want to go to the Musee’ d’Art Moderne to see the Jean Michel Basquiat exhibit.  I’ve been fascinated by him since I saw the movie Basquiat. 

Until Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment