Big Ben

Friday 29 October 2010

Day 36


Left Brugge today for Amsterdam.  It was about a five hour journey total because my first train was late and I had to wait an hour for the next one to Amsterdam from Antwerpen.  No worries though, I wasn’t in a rush.  I did make the mistake though of sitting in the first class train which I ended up paying a little extra for.  By the time they had told me we were almost to Amsterdam and the next car behind me was packed.  Instead of dealing with my luggage and such, I chose to pay the extra fare and stay where I was.

Once I arrived, I was super tired and couldn’t find the taxi area out of the train station at Amsterdam Central.  Finally I found the cab stand, got my luggage in and then the driver said he couldn’t take me because the boat hostel was too close.  It was raining outside and I could barely understand him and he pulled forward and took my bags out of the car.  I told the taxi security guy that I had no clue where to go and that my bags were heavy and I didn’t understand why I couldn’t be taken to my destination.  Turns out, I was close by and the taxis do not like to go to the boats for whatever reason.  The security guy told the driver exactly where and how to get to my boat and that he was going to take me.  Granted I paid double to be taken there but I didn’t care.  Saturday, when I go back to the train station, I will make the walk from the boat.  It won’t be fun…but it will save me money and it’s not an impossible walk.

Once I checked into the hostel, a cute boat where my cabin is the size of a closet, I headed to get some money and food from a grocery store for the night.  I was exhausted and had no intentions of going out exploring.  So I got back, sat in the main area where I sat on the computer chatting on YIM until I was ready to go to bed.  Not a real exciting day…but I made it to my final destination and am ready to see Amsterdam and go home.  LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment