Big Ben

Friday 15 October 2010

Days 23 and 24

Thursday was another day in the office working on the database.  However, it was the day after all of the Chilean miners were rescued after being trapped for 69 days.  What a joyous event as the world watched on with the rescue efforts that took about 24 hours or less to rescue the 33 men. 

When I got into the office that day, Nick had the fish tank torn apart and told me that he found their missing fish.  One of the goldfish had gone missing 77 days earlier and was feared eaten by the other fish in the tank.  Not so.  This fish somehow got around the filter system and down into the bottom of the tank not seen by looking straight at it.  Nick was overjoyed that he found the fish alive and was hell bent on rescuing it.  In our joint effort, we were able to have a rescue mission of our own and saved the missing goldfish.  It was another joyous day with our own relief effort in Brixton, South London. 

The saving of the fish was the highlight of our day and because Nick needed to get his girls from school we knocked off the office at 2 p.m.  Instead of going back to the the flat where I'm staying, I decided to go for a little shopping detour at H&M.  Yes I know...I shouldn't have done it but I did very well as they were having a sale.  After shopping for a wee bit, I decided to get some exercise and walk a little bit from Covent Gardens down to Picadilly Circus and then hop on the underground back towards Hackney.  I was tired once I got home and realized maybe I did a little more walking than I thought I had.  But I'm not going to complain about the exercise.

Today, nothing exciting happened.  Just another day at the office with all the boys, except for Joe, in the house.  I really enjoy all of the guys here in the office and really wish I could work with them on a daily basis.  I will miss them so.  After work, I hopped on the underground, transferred to the overground and then walked back to the flat for the night.  It's been raining for a little bit now and I hope that it clears by tomorrow a.m.  Tomorrow I plan on another tourist day where I visit the Temple Church and St. Paul's Cathedral.  I only have a few items left to see on my list and will have covered quite a lot in my month here. 

So goodnight and sweet dreams to all my friends and family back home.  I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment